Angel meditation brings about peace, healing, guidance, love, and cleanses the body and environment of all negativity. It allows you to go through your day with protection and grace.
Connect with the being of light inside you
- Assume a comfortable meditation posture.
- Breathe deeply and evenly for 10 long, slow breaths.
- Now imagine that you are on the summit of a beautiful hill. There are green trees, and exquisite rock formations. The sky is a penetrating blue, decorated here and there with friendly, fluffy white clouds.
- You are sitting in an open-air marble temple on this hill. You are very comfortable, safe, and happy. There are gorgeous, uplifting flowers all around you.
- As a cool, refreshing breeze stirs the air in this sacred space, notice the sensation of wispy wings brushing against you. This is the sign to continue.
- Allow yourself to pass through the large double doors into the inner sanctum of the temple. It is a dark space, lit by fragrant oil lamps. Your angel waits for you in here. You may not be able to see the angel at first, but when you feel his or her presence, just ask if he or she is the angel of healing.
- Then feel confidence, relax, and open yourself to the angel’s healing presence for as long as you like.
- When you have finished, thank the angel. Feel gratitude for his or her healing, love, compassion, and comfort.
- Sit with this for a few deep breaths, and then return to your life relaxed, refreshed, and feeling the healing power of the angel with you.
Virtually all religious traditions recognize the presence of angels. The word "angel" comes from the Greek word angellos, which means messenger. This, in turn, is used to translate the Hebrew word mal'akh, meaning "messenger(of God)."
Here is another angel meditation you might light to try: